Luxembourg Life Insurance advantages for Luxembourg Residents
- Free designation of the beneficiary or beneficiaries at any time
- Absence of income tax in the event of total or partial redemption
- A good way of passing on assets:
- Absence of inheritance tax in a direct line, or between spouses or partners bound by a civil union, subject to compliance with legal rules governing transmission of inherited property. In other cases, brackets ranging from 4% to 15%.
- Capacity to transfer capital freely to the selected beneficiaries.
- Optimisation possible in the event of cross-border estates, where beneficiaries are located outside Luxembourg, thanks to the numerous non-double taxation tax treaties signed by Luxembourg.
- Possibility of providing for a dismembered beneficiary clause to prepare transmission over several generations.